DVTEL (now acquired by FLIR Systems) is a leading developer of open-standard, end-to-end video surveillance solutions, including video management systems, cameras and video analytics.
Dissatisfied with their current marketing agency, DVTEL turned to Maize in 2015 for new, out-of-the-box approaches to generate PR and social engagement beyond the standard press release.
This is what Maize delivered.
Google Cardboard Demo – A creative, unique virtual reality experience that would push security product simulation, while distinguishing DVTEL from the crowd at tradeshows or sales events.
Student Hackathon – An exciting event that would inspire innovation, increase awareness about DVTEL’s new IP-mmune Cyber Defense Suite, and showcase DVTEL as an industry leader who invests in the next generation.
Increasing DVTEL’s exposure through news coverage and through contributing editorial pieces like “The Risk Profile,” which was the cover story of Networking Security, a specialty publication of Security Today.
- 27 editorial placements
- 8 million impressions
Captivating DVTEL’s core audiences through educational articles
- 10 articles
Showcasing DVTEL as a thought leader and securing DVTEL as a speaker for an IFSEC 2016 panel called, “The Future of Video Surveillance.” DVTEL was featured alongside leaders from AXIS Communications, Dahua, Pelco and SONY.
Spearheading initiatives on the forefront of social and digital marketing such as:
- Twitter Chats on security topics that garnered 1.5 million impressions and highlighted DVTEL alongside organizations like IBM and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- #ThoughtLeaderThursday posts where a DVTEL executive would share key insights with its security audience.
- Facebook Beta User Forum utilizing the “Facebook Groups” feature to provide an interactive platform where DVTEL could hear from selected product testers.
Raising DVTEL’s audience reach to an impressive number in just 6 months.
- 44% increase in LinkedIn follower (973 to 2,185)
- 61% increase in Twitter followers (1,758 to 2,836)
Trade Show Support & Promotion
Creating and executing a trade show promotion campaign that used e-newsletters, social and PR to drive traffic to a dedicated ASIS 2015 landing page and to DVTEL’s booth at the show.
- 978 leads to the DVTEL website (via e-mail and social media)
- 44,570 social impressions
- 153 new social followers (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- 6 ASIS-related editorial placements (resulting in 480,000 impressions)
- 5 in-person press meetings at ASIS