Maize Marketing is a boutique, integrated marketing agency, specializing in content marketing, public relations, and digital marketing for the security, technology, and financial sectors. We are storytellers, forward-thinkers, and idea-generators who develop sustainable marketing campaigns with a tangible return on investment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about marketing with an emphasis on digital strategies and content creation to join the team and grow with us.
As a Marketing Manager, you will spearhead content strategy, development, distribution, and promotion through public relations, social and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to wear multiples hats and be a jack of all marketing trades. This person should leverage their skills from previous jobs as well as knowledge from current content marketing, public relations and digital trends to inform strategy and campaign execution. As Marketing Manager, you will be in charge of leading key accounts and should have excellent project management skills.
- Define buyer personas for clients’ target audience
- Generate new ideas for content, public relations and digital strategies to reach buyer personas
- Write content that can be distributed across platforms, emails, social media, native ads, lead generation campaigns, landing pages, and trade publications
- Content types include: blogs, listicles, articles, case studies, and white papers
- Pitch story ideas to target trade media to generate news coverage for clients
- Draft press materials (such as press releases) as needed
- Create social calendars and publish social posts for clients and Maize
- Conduct social monitoring, listening, and engagement on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for all clients and Maize
- Evaluate metrics to determine effectiveness of content, PR and digital initiatives to refine messaging and campaigns
- Maintain an advanced understanding of evolving content, public relations and digital marketing trends to identify new opportunities for clients
- Lead key accounts and execute project management for those accounts
- Lead weekly calls with clients, taking thorough notes and keeping track of action items
- Manage client requests as well as content and digital campaign deliverables
- Applicants should be self-motivated, forward-thinking, organized, willing to help with any project, no matter how large or small, and able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Applicants must have a major or college degree in marketing, marketing communications, digital marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or a related field.
- Prior job experience at a communications, PR, advertising, or marketing agency preferred.
- Prior job experience within the physical security technology industry or another B2B industry is preferred.
- Strong understanding of grammar and superior copywriting skills.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and SEO.
- Experience with social strategy and publishing on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot or similar platform.
- Possesses deep passion for content, public relations and digital marketing.
- Possesses high–energy, self-starter mindset and demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 15 PTO days
- 8 paid predetermined holidays
- Fully covered health benefits, including major medical, dental, vision
- Technology–focused, fast–paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top security marketing companies in the nation